Friday, November 02, 2012

Doping

As you might have gathered, I've travelled a lot on business over the last 5 months and will continue to do so in the near future. As airplanes are notorious germ-distributors and I've cought nasty colds in the past from a plane journey, I was intrigued when an American colleague mentioned these fizzy tablets called "Airborne" she takes before long-haul flights. Well, predictably enought these can not be found in Austria and so I was thrilled when I came across a similar drug called "Frequent Flyer" in Sydney. Let me tell you, this is a miracle cure! Neither me, nor the Mermaid or my Mum got any cold in the course of the heavily airconditioned 24-hours-journey from Australian summer to European winter.

Thankfully, the Australian replenished my supply this May and I have been popping the occasional tablet into my water on the plane in order to combat the flu-germs. Successfully! Earlier this week I met an ex-colleague in Hamburg (basically my GBF) and he surprised me with that famous Airborne in two different incarnations. I shall try it out soon and report if it can compete with its Australian relative.

As I don't usually take medication of any kind other than the occasional aspirin or lemsip, I guess these type of vitami-bombs work particularly well with me and I am taking care not to take them too often in order not to become "immune".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist