Friday, October 19, 2012

Shopping "Contraceptive" a.k.a. Woman Day

Yesterday was "Woman Day", the annual shopping event organised by Woman magazine. Basically, you typically get 20% off everything at participating stores and shops are incredibly busy that day with, as the name suggests, women with determined expressions, sometimes with bored-looking men/walking credit cards in tow. During our lunch-hour MC and I ventured to Mariahilfer Str. as both of us were on the market for shoes. I was interested in checking out ALDO (new in town), but rather disgusted by their cheap-looking autumn/winter collection. MC eventually got lucky in Salamander, but I didn't find anything I remotely liked. What I was after was quite specific anyway: ankle-high boots with an elastic on the side in a contrasting colour. I feel I have seen them somewhere but can't remember where.

After work, those vouchers I printed out (not that you don't actually need to show them) were burning a hole in my pocket and I was itching to fritter my hard-earned money on something. I decided to go to the fancy Douglas branch on Kärntner Str. where they carry Bobbi Brown, Jo Malone and the likes. My plan was to get some Jo Malone candles and when I had finally found a scent I actually liked and wanted to pay for it, I thought I was seeing a mirage: several lines of people queuing at the cash desk about half the lenght of the store each. And it's a biiig store. 20% off on something I did not need was not incentive enough to queue for at least 15 minutes.

So - thanks Woman Day for actually make me NOT spend any money thanks to those queues.

P.S. I saved the money-spending for today when I popped into LV to buy the "unofficial" strap for my Yayoi Kusama Speedy. Unofficial in the sense that it does not come with a strap (obviously), but the nice lady at Printemps showed me how to attach it diagonally. I could have got it there and then, but it would have exceeded a certain sum that I considered obscene for a bag and so made the *rational* decision to buy it separately. As you do. I didn't want to wait too long as the leather finish (and strap) is untreated and darkens quite easily and I wanted both to "age" together in dignity. Here's the Speedy with its new leash...erm...strap:

1 Comments:

Blogger L. Neusiedler said...

those boots with the elastic band... I want a pair too, I guess I saw them @ Tamaris, but I'm not too sure now...

10/19/2012 09:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist