Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Why Not Just Call it "Baked Obscenity"?

On Monday night, I baked an even more decadent version of the Peanut Butter Cups Brownie: Bye-bye Reese, hello, Mozartkugeln:
I got the idea when I unpacked the little bag of Mozartkugeln I had carried around in Japan for two weeks with the intention of giving it to some nice Japanese person. Unlike the other chocolate goodies that I had with me and which were intended for encounters with the natives (more on that in a separate post), I ended up taking the Mozartkugeln back. They were in perfect condition, only the bag was rather crumpled up and no longer fit for gifting to someone. Well, I suppose I could have just eaten them (I love Mozartkugeln) or taken them to the office, but for some reason I was really inspired to incorporate them into a recipe. My "vision" turned out to be a good one and the outcome was well-received by my colleagues.
Semi-melted Mozartkugeln, mmmmhhhm!

The only slight drawback was that the tiny piece of pistachio-marzipan in the centre of "Mozart's balls" (tee-hee, always funny when translated) actually hardened rather than softened or rather the surface of the cut-in-half marzipan got a crust. Next time I might try putting them into the dough "face down" and see how it turns out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous kelef said...

das: http://gastgeberin.blogger.de/stories/320496 hätten sie auch machen können ...

5/02/2012 04:08:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Danke für den Tipp!

5/02/2012 04:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist