Sunday, April 08, 2012

My Easter Bunny Likes Art

This is the first time I'm spending Easter without my parents. The year I studied in Dublin, they came to visit me together with my maternal granny. That year, I was suffering from the side-effects of the nasty stomach bug my granny had imported and Osterschinken was the last thing on my mind, but this time, I suddenly got a craving for the traditional Carinthian Easter meal of ham with lots of grated horseradish and hard-boiled eggs. Well, I guess I'll make up for the horseradish with lots of real wasabi soon...

Thanks to my Mum, this 40-year-old kid was not without Easter pressies, though. When I was in KLU, she gave me a pretty necklace she recently made. It looks like fabric, but in fact is painted balls of pressed cotton-wool.
I also got a painting/collage which I decided to open last night:
It is called "Summer" (photo and acryllic paint) and is by Zorka Loiskandl Weiss, a friend of our family, who studied in the same master class at university as my Dad did.

I bought the token chocolate egg for myself, having told my Mum I did not want any chocolate bunnies this year (and opted for the scarf instead).

Happy Easter to all of you who celebrate it today!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

frohe ostern, meine liebe!

4/08/2012 12:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist