Thursday, March 29, 2012

Looking forward to the REAL Thing

On Tuesday afternoon, I got a text-message from Amica with the following breaking news: the famous Schwedenplatz ice-cream parlour had matcha ice-cream that day. Yay! I immediately planned in a detour on my way home and checked it out, together with "variegato cardamom". I was not impressed: like all their flavours it was overly creamy and tasted of little else but sugar and cream. Ah, well. Nice try, anyway.

If everything goes according to plan I'm flying to Tokyo on Easter Sunday. Very unlike last year, preparations have been almost non-existant. No advance packing and little talk about my upcoming two-week-holiday. In other words, I've been super paranoid and superstitious, afraid to jinx it. A colleague has just returned from Japan and reported that the cherries were not in bloom yet, which means that it's likely that they're waiting for us. *Crosses fingers*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist