Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Fashion. Been There Done That

Admittedly, I'm not as starved for spring fashion this year as my winter in the Northern Hemisphere has been shorter than usual thanks to my Australian adventure. Even so, I'm appreciating the explosion of spring colours and lighter fabrics in the shops. Gradually, Vienna is copping on to more original window displays, too, such as the Swarovski Crystallized one on Kärtner Str. that is really well-made.
"Flower-heads" at Steffl - not bad, either:
What I actually wanted to talk about here is the somewhat disturbing revival of 80s knits with the type of wobbly yarn I already found extremely ugly first time round. I won't go as far as saying that I'll never ever wear it, but right now, I'm rather appalled. The jumper in the picture here is part of MANGO's S/S collection and I seriously doubt that Kate Moss, who is a child of the 1980s as well, would wear it if she wasn't a testimonial for the company.
Just looking at it makes me imagine horrible poodle perms and songs by Sandra on endless repeat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist