Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Brownie With a Twist

On Sunday (the day I'm actually writing this) I was in a baking mood. I had been itching to try out this obscene-looking brownie-recipe by a Sydney foodblogger I read regularly, Chocolate Suze. I'm equally intrigued by her recipe for "super easy lemonade scones", by the way. I liked the idea of adding Reese's peanut butter cups to the chocolate dough. In general, I'm no big fan of brownies. Like cheesecake and cupcakes it is something I like the idea and the look of, but rarely find up to my expectations, taste-wise. this doesn't mean that I don't like baking those things! I slightly adapted the recipe. For once, I didn't have access to mini peanut butter cups, but only regular sized ones. In hindesight, I cold have done with a 5th pack of three (I halved them) for the size of my baking tray, but 4 was ok, too. I also substituted the caster sugar for brown sugar and only used 1 1/3 cups as opposed to the 2 cups in the recipe of it.
LinkThis is what the finished brownie looks like.
I couldn't resist trying it warm with some vanilla ice-cream. Yum, yum!
I should add that I'm actually not wildly crazy about peanuts, either, but I occasionally quite enjoy the taste of peanut butter when it only plays a supporting role and adds a bit of grown-up saltiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist