Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Retail Therapy Deluxe

I've not shown you some of my recent purchases yet, the first two of which were actually gifts bought with my birthday money.

It's always difficult when you "ask" for money at big gatherings and I actually deliberated about the fact and how to make it sound least mercenary, but then again, let's call a spade a spade. Even though I know my friends all gave good taste, my flat is cluttered enough as it is and I really like the idea of being able to look at something I really like and will treasure for years to come and say "this is what I got from my friends for my 40th birthday".

I actually had planned to buy a "grown-up" watch, but as any of the ones I'd like would cost at least twice the amount of money, I didn't want to just say, "you guys paid for 1/3 watch" and instead decided to get something for more or less exactly the amoung. The something turned out to be three items, all of which I'd had my eyes on for a while. The first one is a Mulberry bag. It would have eaten up more than 2/3s of my war chest, but as it is, I got lucky in the Sale (50% off). I really lovelovelove this beauty called "Mitzy":
The second crush I had was a lock for my Tiffany's key and I got one in silver and rose gold:
More about the third gift, a piece of art, later. I did buy a cheap(ish) watch, though. It's white and rose gold and therefore will have to wait until later in spring when my LV Neverfull will be take out of its dustbag as well. The only drawback is that the white is of the soft silicone variety and probably will get very dirty very soon.
I've been wearing the new bag almost non-stop and there's actually something in for my Mum, too: my black Mandarina Duck leather bag, which she has always admired, will be transferred to KLU to be used by her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bag is beautiful! can we see a photo with you wearing it??

2/28/2012 09:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist