Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Since

As I don't have to say much on the topic of today's Valentine's Day (I do have a date tonight: with Prefab Babe) other than that new boss obviously listened to my pointed remark yesterday that old boss (currently visiting) always got the ladies flowers and potted plants with a heart-shaped decoration duly waited on every desk.

Last night in the news the weather presenter mentioned that this was the coldest winter in Austria since 1958 and went on to talk about some of the crazy things the cold has caused so far.

When I was in Sydney, I could not help notice all the "liquid sunshine". If there was one item I wish I had packed it was a pair of wellies. Oh, and perhaps a rain coat. While my colleagues assured me that it actually rained a lot in Sydney, it gradually transpired that this was not quite what an Australian summer was supposed to look like and the media agreed that it was the coldest summer since 1960.

I'm all poised for the next metereological superlative. I just hope this "coldest-summer-since-1960" trend stays in the Southern Hemisphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist