Sunday, February 05, 2012

Party!

Last night, I had my big birthday bash. I'd been looking forward to it for weeks and it lived up to my expectations - the perfect night with my favourite people. They braved the Siberian cold that currently has Vienna in its grip and turned up in their glamorous party gear, laden with gifts. If I had a bigger flat and fewer friends I would have entertained them at home, but as I have less square metres than I would like to in order to comfortably seat all my invitees I booked a really nice venue (tried and tested with work functions) and just added some personal touches. Such as "party favours" in the shape of biscuits...and matching nails:
It was not easy to get what part of the standard repertoire of French patisseries, a macaron tower - yay! It turned out really well and was quite a hit with most guests:
Peeking into the crime scene from outside...
Ironing might not be their big forte, but service was impeccable as usual and I was happy with my choice of venue:
Even though I only got home after 2 a.m. (I was so grateful for the Empress to give me a lift - I would not have managed in a taxi with 4 huge bags filled with presents, flowers and various party paraphernalia), I was so hyper that I unpacked all my gifts and read all my cards, being very touched at all the sweet words. I got so many great and thoughful things on top of a very impressive booty in my joint-pressie-kitty. Frida stitched a portrait of my godchild and me AND together with the Prototype bought an enamel artwork by Slovak artist Martin Melichercik:
I also got the coolest "envelope" and card EVER from Prefab Babe, who is a super-talented knitter. Don't you agree that this would be a bestseller on Etsy or DaWanda?
I will probably buy a piece of jewellery with my cash-gift or use it towards a grown-up watch, but even so, I got many gorgeous items of jewellery:
Mr TD (who also got me the pandora charm pictured above and the beautiful bunch of flowers) found a super-cool USB drive in the shape of a handbag: so me!
I would almost recommend turning 40 just for the sake of experiencing such an amazing weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist