Sunday, January 29, 2012

Senior Citizen...

As of today, I am a member of the exclusive (?) circle of quadragenarians. This latinate synonym makes it sound even more ugly and geriatric than the literal "40-year-olds". Ah, well.

In honour of my officially turning ancient, my Mum (never one to pass up a bargain opportunity), with whom I went skiing yesterday spontaneously decided to buy two instead of one senior citizens concession ski passes yesterday, reasoning that nobody asked for an ID anyway...
What better symbol for waving goodbye to my youth than being a Seniorenkarte-holding member of society...

2 Comments:

Blogger alcessa said...

:-) Happy birthday and good luck to you.

(I'll be joining you officially at the end of the year. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to call myself old, so I guess I'll try to pretend I am a student in the future, too :-)

After all, we know 40 is the new ... 20?

1/29/2012 01:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Nate said...

Such a great article which This latinate synonym makes it sound even more ugly and geriatric than the literal. In which enior citizens concession ski passes yesterday, reasoning that nobody asked for an ID. Thanks for sharing this article.

4/09/2012 02:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist