Friday, March 16, 2012

Upsell

Earlier this week, I went to buy some things at BIPA. Their till girls are obviously encouraged to attempt to upsell patrons, trying to push whatever is strategically placed in the little box next to the conveyor belt in a given week. I have had them try to sell me mascara, hairspray, toothpaste, etc. None of which has ever been what I felt I should not leave the shop without and it's actually one of the reasons why I favour DM if I have a choice.

This time, shaving gel and razors were in the magic upsell box. "Perhaps you might want to get some razors or shaving gel for your boyfriend or husband...?" the lady behind the till said. "Nope", I replied. "If you had offered me the actual boyfriend or husband now, that might have been a different story altogether." To my surprise, the girl found that quite funny.

Then again, you never know whether this has given her an idea. I should try to shop there more often...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist