Thursday, April 05, 2012

Other People's Taste

Some weeks ago, I was at the Wohnen & Interieur fair in Vienna. My intention was to find a stylish yet comfortable chair to read in for my living room. With one so-so exception, all the chairs I saw were at best ugly, but mostly horrendous. Overall, the furniture was quite...interesting, but I'm assuming it must cater to someone's taste unless all the exhibitors produce just for the sake of art.

Recently I stumbled over the pictures I took more or less discreetly with my phone. Check out this Dallas-style leather sofa with inbuilt drinks tray. Yay, baby!
In fact, there must be quite some market for "champagne-furniture", judging from this granite (!) table. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this was: tombstone...
You might have been wondering just what it is that your house or flat is lacking. Don't twist your mind any longer, the answer is right here: a transparent bathtub with prescious wood and stone:
How about a charming little sofa table held up by a grizzly bear in (faux?) brass:
Which one of these gems is your favourite?

2 Comments:

Blogger alcessa said...

I really like the bathtub :-)

4/05/2012 09:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

July is my birthday...the bathtub with a bottle of champagne aside would be nice :)

4/06/2012 07:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist