Monday, April 23, 2012

Pretty in Pink

I'm back from Japan and it was as wonderful as the first time. Needless to say, the magic and novelty of the first visit could not be repeated, but otherwise, I enjoyed this trip just as much and can't wait to get back and see more of the country.

As assumed, this week is going to be busy and I'll actually be in Ljubljana on business tomorrow. Even though I'm not exactly keen on returning to Vienna airport that soon, I'm looking forward to SLO, where I haven't been in quite some time.

I'll upload more photos here soon, so this is just another teaser (and for some reason the picture in the last post has turned a strange "Andy Warholesque" colour, let's see if it will revert back to normal). The underlying theme is - surprise! - cherry blossoms.

Be prepared for more sakura photos, also of the pinker variety, but here's one specimen:
We also had plenty of the stuff in edible form, sakura mochi to be precise. The combination of bean-paste, pound mochi rice, subtle sakura flavour and the salty leaves is really delicious.
I came to Japan with one big bag and returned with two. This was planned actually and I had put one into the other, so no suitcase purchase due to wheel-failure, nor shopping extravaganzas this time. Apart from way too many clothes I had packed as usual, they were filled with souvenirs for my loved ones and, erm, several for yours truly, as well. Hey, someone has to help boost the ailing Japanese economy and it could just as well be me. 

Well, I suppose it's true that girls love pink. This one certainly was lured in buying everything with sakura leaves on it...
Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist