Thursday, April 26, 2012

Window Seat

Before I annoy you with more pictures from Japan (which need more time for editing than I have right now), a few words on flying. I don't know about you, but I'm definitely an aisle seat type of passenger. Apart from the fact that isle seats are considered "safer" in case of an emergency as you have quicker an easier access to exits, I like as much leg and elbow space I can possibly get in Economy class and having a notoriously week bladder, I hate having to disturb/wake up the person in the aisle seat if I want to go to the toilet. Sure enough, on my return flight from Tokyo I had no such luck as on the outbound one, where I had a row of three seats all for myself and could actually stretch out across the three of them, and the Japanese man in the aisle seat next to me was your typical power-napper: asleep about two seconds after sitting down. I think it's psychological: knowing that I'm going to be wedged in next to Mr. Narcoleptic for 11 hours just makes me want to pee even more. I digress...

Earlier this week I had to travel to Ljubljana at short notice. I had never travelled there by plane and in fact the idea is slightly ridiculous for someone who grew up so close to the Slovenian border. The flight is more or less just ascending and descending and the plane flies at the altitude of a sightseeing flight. On the way there I automatically chose an aisle seat, not realising that the self-check-in machine also printed out the boarding pass for the return flight, which was less than 24 hours away. When I boarded my 07:30 flight yesterday morning, the weather was bright and the snow-capped mountains surrounding the airport were glistening in the sunlight. I was actually looking forward to having the A seat by the window. Sure enough, I had my nose pressed to the window for the whole short flight and couldn't stop snapping pictures.


 Note to self: try to grab the window seat on short flights across mountain ranges.
Fields are not bad either, though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist