Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Speaking Opp

A few months ago, I was contacted by the coordinator of the alumni association of the Department of English of my alma mater. They hold a series of talks where alumni tell students about their job(s) after graduation and answer questions on whether their degree in English proved helpful or not, what the challenges and benefits of the respective job are, etc. It's a good idea and something a naive graduate like myself would definitely have benefited from had it already existed back in the days. My presentation was last night and went quite well, not only because I came bearing goodies. I was pleasantly surprised when I received a present, too:


I expected the contents to be chocolates, but was wrong. I got a collapsible umbrella and fleece scarf (which I am going to use for skiing) with the University of Vienna logo. I'm quite a sucker for merchandising products of brands, towns, institutions I like and as I don't actually own anything with the uni logo - and probably would not have bought it myself-  felt quite nostalgic.

1 Comments:

Blogger alcessa said...

They look good - also, great colour!


(I actually went and bought 2 polo shirts with the uni logo *blush*)

12/01/2010 09:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist