Sunday, November 28, 2010

In Writing

A little PS from my visit to Dachau, where I came across some interesting signs. Such as the name-plates in St. Jacob's church: 

I don't know what happens if someone sits in the wrong place (unless the people behind the names have long since died). My guess is that they will be tickled to death with their own Gamsbart or something along these lines. 

Let's call a spade a spade, eh? Sign on a pub/bar.

The last one really made me laugh. It is so stereotypical it can't get any worse. The misplaced apostrophes (or should I say "apostrophe's"?) as well as the first names that are - sorry to all Sabines and Anitas out there - quite stereotypical of women of this profession. They could of course also be called Nicole, Gabi, Michelle or Elfi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist