Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's Genetic

patterns (onemorehandbag)I readily admit that I am quite obsessed with fashion and borderline OCD when it comes to accessorising and color-coordination.

I can't help it, though, it's simply genetic.

When I gave my Mum a beach bag (with wide, bright stripes) recently she felt compelled to make a dress to match it. Personally, I can live with minor colour-clashes when I go to the beach, but my Mum wouldn't dream of it.

On one of our visits to my maternal Granny last week, my Mum was chatting to one of the female staff in her home and mentioned that she could always tell when a male nurse had selected the clothes for Granny as they tended to pay less attention to fashion concerns and always forgot about necklaces and other accessories. The woman agreed and said she had already noticed that Granny was interested in fashion as she had once told her "I hope you don't mind my saying this, but your t-shirt really doesn't match your skirt today". Mum laughed and told her she mustn't feel offended as it was her former profession (dressmaker and owner of a textiles shop) talking. "Oh, no," she replied, "I didn't mind at all and she was right, too".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist