Monday, March 22, 2010

Mermaid Cake Goes KitchenAid

Sorry to bore you with yet another baking photo, but I don't have time for a longer post and as macaron-making leaves one with lots of leftover egg yolks, I always end up making something to use those up. I hadn't made the easiest cheesecake in the world, the Mermaid Cake, for a long time and therefore went for that one as I knew "it" wouldn't mind if I used some extra yolks. As I couldn't find any nice seasonal fruits that weren't from the other part of the world, I tossed in some frozen raspberries for a bit of colour:

Mermaid Cake (unbaked)I actually think the unbaked cake (above) is prettier than the finished product:

Mermaid Cake (finished)
What makes the MM Cake so easy is the fact that you don't even need a mixer or any electrical appliance to blend the ingredients together, but I wanted to use my new gadget of course. No revolutionary difference, but I like to think the consistency turned out even smoother/silkier.

3 Comments:

Anonymous alcessa said...

Thank you, I made the Mermaid Cake 30 minutes ago and it's ... himmlisch! (erm.: otherworldly?) :-) Couldn't wait for it to cool down. Will be repeating the experience in the future, too :-)

(I used raisins (hubby's wish) as fruit/almonds and blood oranges as lemons/fruit juice)

3/22/2010 08:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really want to kill me.
L'Italiana

3/22/2010 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

@ Alcessa: glad you like it! My aunt actually prefers it warm, as a kind of soufflee.
@ L'Italiana: of course I do ;-)

3/23/2010 09:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist