Thursday, March 18, 2010

Make Mine Multiple

I was really tempted to give this post a flashier title such as "I came back from Hamburg with an orgasm", but then I thought that a bit too cheap. Also, I did not want to shock any relatives (and no, I don't mean you by this, my dear).

As you probably know by now, I love watching make-up channels on YouTube. I'm not so much interested in tutorials as in the more rambling kind of videos by the so-called gurus and their favourites of the month and haul videos. It didn't take long to find out that they all seemed to agree on their favourite blush by Nars in the shade "orgasm". Just type in "nars orgasm" in the YouTube search box and you know what I'm on about. At the beginning, I found it pretty hilarious to hear nubile American girls who are all "ohmygosh" and comment moderation say "next I apply Nars "orgasm" on my cheeks" without batting an eyelid. Soon, however, I began to think that there might be more to it than just the name and did a little research on the availability of Nars products (I would have bought it online, but the shipping fees are ridiculous!). You can't buy them in Austria and one of the few places where you can get Nars make-up in Germany is the chic "Alsterhaus" department store in Hamburg, a 5-minute-walk from the Firm's German headquarters. Yeah! Guess where I made a brief visit yesterday? Bingo:
Nars (multiple) orgasm for € 29, anyone?

Nars case (onemorehandbag)no joke

post (Nars)orgasm (onemorehandbag)Me, post-application (the close-up reminding me just how huge my nostrils are...)

Although I am the first to admit that I am a very easy marketing prey indeed and admit that I might have picked another of their really nice selection of shades without prior indoctrination, I really like it, and find it a flattering colour.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I have to admit that it's one of my favorite blushes ever, and one of extremely few that I've "hit pan" on :) As for multiple, you did see that Nars has a product called that, too? (Creamy 3-in-1 sticks - my fave color is Palm Beach).

3/19/2010 08:36:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Anne, I feel even more justified about my purchase thanks to your testimonial ;-) Yes, I did see the other sexily named blushes, but decided to take it one orgasm at a time, so to speak.

3/19/2010 10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist