Sunday, March 14, 2010

Quick and Healthy Sunday Lunch

I actually got the inspiration for this from the PP, who served me salmon filets with cherry tomatoes with new potatoes on the side. She used fresh salmon, which definitely tastes better, but as this was quite a spontanteous lunch today, I just had frozen filets, which were not bad, either. In any case, this is a super-easy meal, ready in about 30 minutes.

Salmon-Parcels with Vegetables

Ingredients (per person)
1 filet of salmon, preferably fresh
5 or 6 cherry tomatoes
1/4 yellow pepper
a few roses of broccoli and/or cauliflower (fennel would also be nice)
olive oil
2 slices of lemon
salt and pepper

Preheat your oven to 200°. Wash the vegetables. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and dice the pepper. I'm not a big fan of peppers, by the way, but I quite like the yellow ones, if only for their bright colour. Blanch the broccoli or cauliflower in salted water, then drain and rinse with cold water. Prepare a rectangle of aluminium foil (approx 40 cm in length) and put the vegetables in the centre. Season with salt and pepper. I didn't have any fresh herbs at hand, but rosemary or lemon thyme would go really well with it. Put the salmon filet on top of the vegetables and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Add two slices of lemon and close the parcel, tightly scrunching the aluminium foil together. Leave in the oven (I had mine on convection/fan setting) for 20 minutes. Open carefully and slide the contents of the parcel on a plate, trying to leave the greater part of the juice in the foil. Serve with rice or potatoes. I made jasmine rice and sprinkled some black sesame on top.

vegetables in aluminium foil (onemorehandbag)veggie parcels

parcel with salmon (onemorehandbag)... with frozen salmon filet on top

salmon with veggies lunch (onemorehandbag)the finished meal

I also tested my KitchenAid this weekend, first for a batch of matcha macarons (much better!) and then for a healthy-ish (I used half spelt flour...) apple cake with crumble. I'm very pleased with the performance, I have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist