Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Getting There...

matcharons attempt (onemorehandbag)
Introducing matcharons (still in beta)

Last night, I decided to use up the rest of the hard-to-judge quantity of egg whites to make my vision of matcha macarons, matcharons, reality. Well, even though I had bought a piping sack, the consistency was too runny again and so I decided to do a quick version and just pour the whole mix on a baking sheet and then cut out cookies afterwards. The fact that it was already 9 p.m. and I was trying to follow Desperate Housewives at the same time did not help much, but despite the cheating with the cutters (no flour this time), the finished product tastes really delicious and just as I had wanted it to. Again, I closely followed Anne's recipe, using less sugar this time and added a teaspoon of matcha powder to the cookie ingredients. The filling is dark chocolate cream. I will post when they look as perfect as I want them to be.

PS: My KitchenAid has just been delivered!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist