Monday, February 22, 2010

And If Our Day-Jobs Don't Work Out...

On Saturday, MC kindly offered herself as guinea-pig (and, as it turned out, very skilled helper) for the testdrive of my new rice-cooker:
rice cooker (onemorehandbag) I wanted to practice making maki for my Japanese-themed bookclub dinner chez moi this Sunday and I have to say they turned out really well. The vinegar water in the bowl was really necessary - it was an extremely sticky affair:
maki making (onemorehandbag) The first specimens (plate in foreground of the picture below) turned out somewhat big, but the second batch already was perfectly sized. I hereby declare the test-run a full success.
makis galore (onemorehandbag) The maki not only looked pretty sexy but also tasted really well and I was very impressed by the performance of the rice-cooker. It's quite a bulky beast, but if you need to cook larger quantities of rice, it's definitely a good investment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist