Wednesday, October 04, 2006

a woman possessed

sampling (onemorehandbag) Everybody has their little obsessions, right? One of mine is zealously collecting those product samples that you find glued to magazine advertisements. Did I mention that I read quite a few of glossy women's mags?

I basically collect them for one purpose only: to condense the contents of my toiletry bag to the absolute minimum when going on holiday. What's even better - I get to throw away the empty sachets, thus creating valuable space in my suitcase for additional souvenir shopping. Well, theoretically, as (provided I stay in a fancy hotel) I usually return with soaps and little bottles of shampoo and shower gel to hoard for the next trip.
I also own miniature versions of mascara and doll-sized lipsticks, always transfer my current perfume into tiny atomisers, etc., etc.

Temperatures have dropped considerably compared to yesterday's heat wave, which brings me to today's
lunch-break purchases: a fitted black corduroy jacket and matching skirt, both from H&M. They'll probably get their first airing tomorrow for Chiquita's graduation ceremony.

2 Comments:

Blogger onemorehandbag said...

It's the official conferring-of-the-academic-title-ceremony at the University. I don't know if Chiquita (=my little cousin) will have a wild party later on, but her parents are taking attending family members out for lunch afterwards.

10/04/2006 03:43:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

It is indeed normal in Austria but you have to pay for the ceremony and the music. You can opt for just having your diploma sent to you without the rest but as you don't want to disappoint your proud parents and grandparents you usually go for the pomp. Mind you, champagne's not included in the deal...

10/04/2006 03:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist