Monday, February 01, 2021

Anniversaries


It was my birthday last Friday and as I have mentioned before I did not imagine that I would experience it in a lockdown this year. In the end, I did not mind at all as I got spoilt by friends and family, received several parcels and a flower delivery, and above all, Highflyer took the day off (unlike myself, actually) to be at my disposal for every wish and whim I might have. The day after my actual birthday we spent an afternoon on the slopes of the nearest decent ski resort so I'm not complaining at all. 
While we're on the matter of anniversaries, I was hit by the realisation that the first anniversary of our country's first, and thus most memorable, pandemic lockdown is coming up in less than two months' time. How did that happen? I still remember that state of confusion and disbelief that united us all and that has long since been replaced by universal annoyance (no matter if you are in the conspiracy theorist corner or just a "normal" citizen who would like a semi-normal life back that allows you to make plans of some sort).
What is the protocol for celebrating the anniversary of a pandemic? Should we get out balloons and pop some champagne? Will the lockdown have ended by then? Suspense is killing me. Well, a bit anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist