Wednesday, May 28, 2014

BFF

I have really nice colleagues, both in the Vienna office and in my immediate team, which is distributed over several countries (that do not, however, include Austria). One of my Bulgarian colleagues crocheted this cute little bunny for me and gave it to me yesterday. So kind of her!  We had once talked about DIYing and she had told me that crocheting little animals was a hobby of hers. Mind you, I always spoil my colleagues abroad with Austrian sweets, wine and other goodies, but I really appreciate this handmade gift more than any shop-bought one. Now I want to name my little friend here and thought to appeal to your creativity as well. I was thinking of a Bulgarian (or at least Slavic) name, but couldn't think of any that fits my new friend. Any ideas?

4 Comments:

Blogger alcessa said...

Let me help you with a German version of Häschen (in Slovene):

Seitschek. (-> zajček)

5/29/2014 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

thanks, Alcessa! For some reason I actually remember this word from my Slovenian class. Might consider it, but am looking for something more cutesey and "cuddly" sounding...at least for my ears.

5/29/2014 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger alcessa said...

That's really interesting - you just made me realize that not everybody finds the ending -ček endearing/cuddly :-)) And even more: while I know the function of -lein and -chen, they do not always sound as niedlich to my ear as they should (Häschen is lovely, imho, but Brüderchen might be more ... strenuous. Not to mention the Männlein ... hmmm ... interesting)

Anyway, if it is a girl, Lila would sound Slavic, too :-)

5/30/2014 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Yes, those endings...not the biggest fan of "-chen" in most contexts, e.g. "Schätzchen", but I do like "Häschen" or "Täubchen" as terms of endearment. I really like Lila! Good match for the colour, too. For some reason I think "he" needs to be a he. If I can't think of anything better, Lila it will be. Thanks for picking your brain.

5/30/2014 02:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist