Friday, August 03, 2012

Employees of the Month

I don't know if you've ever experienced one of those days yourself, but yesterday was basically a day where every single person in the office kept looking at their watches, telling one another how unmotivated they were and found lots of excuses for a coffee, smoke, chat, depending on their vice of choice. It's not remotely as if we're all chronically bored, quite the contrary. It's more a case of: it's 32° outside, all the school-kids are on a 2-months vacation, so why do I have to sit in a stuffy office and pretend to be interested in the stuff I'm supposed to do anyway?!?

Me, I had committed the mistake of bringing in most of my bracelet-making supplies as I had promised to make some for colleagues and wanted them to choose the colours and materials. I ended up making several at work, such as this one for which I used several remnants. On Instagram, I called it "tutti frutti":
The Empress, who is currently in town, actually dropped by yesterday morning with a generous supply of the most gorgeous cotton bands from the Paris branch of la Droguerie. Dangerous! Mind you, the satisfaction of producing jewellery is unrivalled by any "success" I may achieve in my day-job. Food for thought, that.

My other occupational therapy of choice is stocking up on Essie nailpolish (still 20% off at BIPA). I wanted a summery white shade and opted for "Marshmallow". Not bad:
Needless to say, the bracelets I'm wearing are all from my "workshop".

(All beading supplies safely locked away at home today)

3 Comments:

Blogger alcessa said...

They look gorgeous, so don't stop!
I find it particularly fascinating that there are so many techniques to make them.
And that feeling when you can make one for every special or not so special occasion? It must be really good (I try to change my jewellery sometimes, if I have a good idea, and there are moments I am really happy with the results so now I have been flirting with a silver clay jewellery course at my Volkshochschule)!

8/03/2012 08:52:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Thanks for the compliment Alcessa! It's really addictive as some of them take me all of 20 minutes to make. I won't stop making them, but rather shift the workshop from the office back to my flat ;-)

8/03/2012 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger alcessa said...

OT:

Ta-daaam: Cake Report!

This is an abolutely delicious cake, for many reasons like: it has fruit and yoghurt in it, one can reduce the sugar quantity and use wholemeal flour (as proven today). So I herewith declare it a staple in my kitchen :-) (side by side with your Topfen-cake btw, which we love a lot, too)

Anyway, I must have made a mistake somewhere because the cake needed additional 20 minutes at 200 °C to at least look like something one should eat :-) I think I have seriously ODed on peaches and nectarines. DoesnŽt matter, it all ended well and I am eating it right now. (there's a pic and a Thank-You line on my blog, too)

8/03/2012 08:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist