Thursday, July 26, 2012

Going Dotty or: Great Minds Shop Alike

You know you're in trouble, as in BIIIG trouble, when the luxury brand store you pass every morning on your way to work does an LE collection with one of your favourite artists. Case in point: Louis Vuitton and Yayoi Kusama. Sorry for the reflection, but this is what the windows of LV's Kohlmarkt store are decorated with:



 Over in Paris, the Empress was equally excited and we were chatting back and forth all morning, deliberating what to get. Yes, it was not a question of "if", but of "what". I had my mind set on the infinity scarf and dashed over to LV in my lunch-break to grab it. I settled for the red/white combo, even though I also loved the yellow/black (the artist's "signature" colours, but a little too bright for everyday wear) and black/white (classy, but I black makes me very pale when worn close to my face). As usual, the packaging wasn't shabby:
Here's a shot I took of myself posing in front of the mirror. I like that the colours are in negative order on the reverse side and that the silk tweed drapes beautifully, no matter how you decided to wrap it around your neck:
As for the Empress, she had her eyes set on a red/white bangle and, having missed out on the precious lunch-break opportunity, cycled to a branch that stocked the coveted item to seize a short time-window between work and a dinner commitment. 

When I received her e-mail last night that only contained a picture, I knew that our telepathic shopaholic connection was still intact and worked across borders...
 Well done!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some things just never change! Sighh....how I really miss that!

7/26/2012 03:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist