Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kawaiiiii Curtain

I did not only buy several random fabrics in Japan, but also a kind of textile banner depicting two cats walking down a an avenue of sakura trees in bloom. In my cherry-blossom-craze I found it very cute and wanted to have it but knew I probably wouldn't use it the way it was displayed in the shop window, suspended between two wooden "weights" which I wouldn't be able to find readymade in Austria anyway. Instead, I decided to incorporate it into a curtain for my kitchen window:
Granted, it's more than just a little kitschy, but looking at it makes me happy as it reminds me of my recent vacation and all the kawaii things I saw in Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist