Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Pepe Mystery

Like most women, I own way too many pairs of jeans and am always on the quest for that perfect pair. Well, fit-wise, I've found a brand I really like and that complements my body-shape: Pepe Jeans. However, today the same thing happened to my latest addition to the Pepe collection (I own 4 of their jeans) - the denim tore just above the knees. This is really annoying and has never happened to me with any other brands, cheap or expensive. In fact, my Pepe jeans are the most expensive ones I own. The tear that also defaced the previous 2 pairs of Pepes I purchased, looks like this when it is "fresh":
On the plane back from Hamburg I noticed the telltale signs of an impending tear at the material, but hoped I was wrong. This model was not a skinny-fit pair as the previous 2 it happened to so I can't have stretched it in any way. Well, on Monday morning, the bugger tore. What I think is the cause of giving the denim its old-bedspread-texture is that it was treated with aggressive chemicals to achieve the artfully "destroyed" look. Yep, destruction sure happens and I am not a big fan of jeans with slits and holes beyond the age of 22, I have to say. Neither does it look cool when you try to mend it, so here goes another pair, really...

I'm aware of the fact that I can't sit still and lady-like at my desk and occasionally like to sit on my knees, but, hey, what if not jeans to let you sit in a comfortable fashion?

So. If anyone fancies (3 pairs of) "personally destroyed" jeans, let me know...

3 Comments:

Blogger L. Neusiedler said...

hahaha, I would not say no to those :))). I have just paid a small fortune for some distressed jeans from Promod :)))

5/16/2012 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

For the time being, I'm deluded enough to think that I can still mend them somehow, but I'll let you know when I decide to say goodbye to my distressed Pepes (size 29/32 and 29/34) :-)

5/16/2012 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger L. Neusiedler said...

oh, I know the feeling! I currently have five huge bags with clothes in my storage room, allegedly for giving away. right... ;))

5/18/2012 07:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist