Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hamburg Light(s)

Even though I was there for business, I enjoyed my 5 days in Hamburg. It's my favourite German city, mainly because of its architecture and Anglosaxon atmosphere. Admittedly, the weather is rather British as well and often a good 10° colder than in Vienna, but there's other things to make up for it. Such as beautiful sunsets, for example:
I had my very own sunset in my hotel room (the Sofitel Alter Wall, if you're interested) where there was one ceiling spot throwing pink and yellow light unto your bedspread. Hmmm. Not so sure...
The huge flatscreen TV was also framed by an "ambient light" thingie.

If you want to know the truth - and should you know anyone in the hospitality business, please pass it on to them - I don't care about fancy lights and grainy artsy photos (even though I much prefer them to boring reproductions of lesser known "old masters", but really, really, appreciate what is standard in any class of hotel outside mainland Europe: a kettle and mugs! How I enjoyed my nightly cup of  tea/infusion (I always take some of my favourite Lemon & Ginger teabags with me when travelling) in Japan. It's also great to be able to make a cup of tea or coffee in your room when you need to depart before breakfast time or just feel like some additional caffeine shot.

I have to say, though, that I really appreciated Sofitel's generous supply of travel-size L'Occitane lotions and potions and the fact that it was replenished every day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist