Friday, October 21, 2011

Aiming Higher

Australian women wear high-heeled shoes to work and VERY high-heeled shoes for going out. I was beginning to feel somewhat inadequate in my superflat ballerinas, trainers and sandals and so decided to see if I could find a pair of shoes with a moderate heel. After browsing around stores on Thursday night (when shops are open longest) and buying two cheap mugs ($2 each), I popped into my favourite shoe-store here, Wittner, one of the few shops selling good-quality shoes of European standards and style and discovered this fire-engine-red patent leather pair. The shoes are a bit "auntie-ish", but in a 1940s way and I can definitely walk 100 metres in them without getting a back ache:
What was even better was the price: 
My bargain-radar obviously is cross-border compatible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist