Friday, October 14, 2011

Food-wise...

I know you've been having sleepless nights, tossing and turning, thinking about what I eat here. Not. Still, I thought I'd share some pictures of the fuel I've been ingesting here. Last night I went to the Night Noodle Market in Hyde Park (not the only place name in Sydney that makes you think you are in London) with my team mates. It's an annual event that is a highlight of the Sydney Food Festival. Half of Sydney seemed to be there as well and the queues were crazy. Two guys volunteered to stand in line for food and did not return until a good 45 mins later, with the food being completely cold. My noodles didn't look too exciting, but the pork buns they got for everyone as well were gigantic:
I have not actually cooked anything at home so far, only made salad twice. My kitchen is not well-stocked with crockery at all and as I've declared the big plastic bowl my fruit basket, I have to use my pyrex bowl instead:
My first week at work there was a sports event with a barbecue: yum, yum! Even though food in the canteen really is delicious and offers a balanced diet, I hate eating off paper plates...
Unless you go to an expensive restaurant of the wait-to-be-seated variety, chances are high you're going to end up having to fight your way through steaks (it was a bad idea to order "medium"...) with flimsy plastic knives:
On Fridays, there's a night market in China town. I checked it out last week and tried the "tofu balls" (well, cubes, more like) with satay sauce. I should have got a second skewer as these were really moreish:
I'm particularly amazed by the great variety of authentic Japanese (and other Asian) restaurants. Last Saturday, exhausted after walking around all day, I treated myself to a "Wagyu beef bento". The meat was incredibly tender and the takeaway version of the bento looked pretty as a picture:
I'm off to Brisbane this weekend - have a good one, yourselves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist