Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Viennese Riviera

Sometimes, you live in a city, but don't discover some of its gems for years. Decades even. In my case, it is the Old Danube, a lake/sea substitute in the North of Vienna. On Sunday, Mademoiselle and I went for a little walk and sunbathing there. I didn't have my camera with me for a change so excuse the phone-quality: 

With the sailing boats zooming by with impressive speed and the skyline as a backdrop it looks even cooler: 

I was tempted to rent a paddleboat, but it was too hot for physical excercise and since no candidates for willing galley slaves were in sight, we settled for less taxing activities instead. 


This is my favourite pictures as it reminds me of a Canaletto seascape:
On the way back to the subway, somebody suddenly lunged at my back. It was the Gazelle , who had had the same idea as the two of us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous frequent flyer said...

where are the photos?

9/07/2011 05:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist