Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sugar Coma HQ

On Sunday, Mademoiselle and I went to check out the Cupcakes shop on Josefstädter Straße. It's a really cute "girly" kind of shop that looks very inviting indeed:

There's a big range of very pretty cupcakes. I had tried 3 different varieties from that shop before when the Empress had brought some back to the office from a lunch-break excursion there and shared them with the girls. I remember the tops being very heavy on the cream cheese side (as opposed to buttery cream as is often the case with cupcakes) and the mango cupcake I picked definitely was like that as well. A carrot cake base with a cream-cheese top that I found impossible to finish. Mademoiselle who chose a ganache cupcake (think chocolate worth a whole box of pralines or truffles) rightly remarked that the French would have made a pastry one third of these cupcakes and it would still suffice. I agree: the taste was good, but the size is simply overwhelming and makes it impossible to sample more than one, unless you share.
 

There are only 2 small coffee-tables with 4 chairs each and 1 party table where you can eat standing up. The cute little melamin (?) plates and several cupcake-related knick-knacks can be bought along with themed biscuits in tins.

To be honest, I like the look and novelty of them but I'm not really big into cupcakes and so far, my favourite has to be Henry's, which also was a much more manageable size.

Still, it was a very cute and original shop and a place where I might return with my little godchild who loves all thinks pink and girly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist