Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Jigsaw Billy

jigsaw Billy (onemorehandbag)
Last Sunday, I "pimped" an old IKEA Billy cupboard, or rather shelf-with-doors. Over the years I'd accumulated an assortment of tiles like the one with the initial "M" which a colleague had brought back from a holiday in Italy, not knowing what to do with them. They were too small to be used as coasters and too pretty to be thrown away so I bought some additional mosaic tiles at a DIY store (about a year ago, ahem) and attempted my first ever small-scale tiling job. Ta-dah! Not that bad, considering I didn't think to measure out the space beforehand and try to figure out whether tiles would have to be cut or anything. Luckily, I managed to squeeze them all in and knew just whom to call on for an emergency loan of joint compound when I ran out of the goo halfway in. While I was at it, I replaced the original silvery door knobs with transparent ones.

2 Comments:

Blogger ka-ma said...

Nice job! I am tempted to invite you over here next time I try something similar!

10/11/2006 09:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! Cool idea.

10/11/2006 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist