Thursday, August 31, 2006

that stung

The other night, somebody whose opinion I value despite myself declared that I was a "consuming" rather than "productive" person. Being a (self-)rigtheous bitch I immediately launched into self-defensive mode, knowing only too well that I keep postponing creative or "self-improving" projects infinitely, coming up with the lamest of excuses. Recently, or rather for the greater part of this year, I've experienced a veritable roller-coaster of emotions. Some people are great at channelling their negative energies into something tangible and ultimately satisfactory simply by working themselves silly. Unfortunately, I'm the (rare?) type of person who's at her most creative when she has reached some sort of emotional equilibrium and feels happy and secure. Right now, neither applies, alas.yet another necklace (onemorehandbag)In lieu of great World-changing projects I got down to a mini-project of sorts last night by snipping up the (carnelian?) necklace K. from the Book Club donated recently, combining the beads with others I already had and recycling it all into a new dangly necklace I'm wearing to the office today together with the white blouse and pin-striped trousers I bought yesterday at H&M. They are from the new "picked by Madonna and crew" collection and both really comfortable.
Sometimes I wish I had somebody right next to me to give me a daily kick in the behind.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear - if you don't mind, I can give you 356 kicks in your butt on Saturday. That will last for a year and you might even be fine.

8/31/2006 06:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well,
that someone can't possibly know you as well as I do (sounds like I'm a jealous bitch, which, needless to say, I am) since honest to God, I've never met a more productive and creative person than you are. I've never seen you idle, bored or without some minor or major creative project (or two, or three, or more) occupying both your hands and you mind. Maybe that someone wants to meet my old phlegmatic self who spends the best years of her life feeling sorry for herself and, just to make sure you get that phlegmatic bit right, has never been able to produce anything with her own hands. So here you go. Even the most valued person in the world can voice some ridiculously inaccurate opinions, which, henceforth, should be ignored completely.
Thus spoke
Amica

9/01/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Novala: o.k.It's a deal.
Amica! Gimmme MORE!

9/01/2006 10:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist