Tuesday, August 15, 2006

make mine a gondoliere

My colleague M. (let's call her "the Tyrolian" for the purpose of this blog) was in Venice last week and brought me back my first calendar for 2007, "Il Calendario dei Gondolieri", adding that I might find the new man of my dreams on its black and white pages. We-hell, I'm not so sure. First of all, either the photographer's skills are somewhat questionable or the calendar was printed in a hurry at a corner-copyshop. Second, Latin Lovers those men definitely ain't. Take Mr. or should I say signor, August who incongruously is wearing an anorak with fur-rimmed hood. Mr. December, the only good-looking one in my opinion, on the other hand is in his short-sleaved striped gondoliere T-shirt. Mr. June is wearing a bizarre butcher's coat of sorts. Scary!

The Tyrolian said where she got the calendar from they also had one with Catholic priests but she considered those to be too celibate to adorn my walls. I'm not so sure about that and who knows, those thorn birds might have been far hunkier than the water-borne taxi drivers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist