Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ingredients for a shitty holiday

  • miserable weather (rain, RAIN, RAIN) more or less all week.
  • an even more miserable mood.

Ah well. This is what Carinthia looks like when it doesn't rain:

lake and mountain(onemorehandbag)

What cheered me up and kept me from losing my mind for good: a cruise in the Pampered Princess' hubby's motor boat before the Deluge set in. Meeting B2 twice. A trip to Italy with obligarory purchase of a pair of shoes. Watching the first season of Grey's Anatomy more or less in one go. I got the DVD from Chiquita who told me it was highly addictive and had SatC-potential. I was sceptical at first, having never liked medical series at all. It turned out she was right and I was hooked pretty much from the first episode on.

To further convince me that the World-with-a-capital-W has conspired to annoy me, I just got the long-awaited delivery from an American mail-order company (content: a t-shirt, a mousepad, a magnet) together with an invoice - payable to the postman - for € 17,32 for custom and postal fees. Great. First of all I had no idea I'd have to pay customs fees and then I did not notice a sticker saying the sender had affixed inadequate postage. Needless to say, the postman had gone by the latter dawned on me. Did I just pay pocket-money for some clever postal employee? In any case, I'm very pissed off for the ultimately rather expensive order.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scheißwetter, oh ja. Schlägt mir im Stakkato aufs Gemüt.
Lass uns bald mal wieder was machen.

8/08/2006 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Hallo, Schatzi!
Lese gerade "drüben bei Dir" deine bosnischen Abenteuer nach... Ja, unbedingt bald "was machen"!

8/08/2006 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger ka-ma said...

Welcome back! I am sorry about the Scheisswetter in KLU, but hopefully things will perk up now that you are back home.

8/08/2006 11:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist