Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How to realise you're officially a dinosaur

On Saturday night I went out for dinner. The only other *girl* really still was one - a colleague's 19-year-old girlfriend. As she seemed a bit bored with the grown-ups' (ahem) conversation about cult TV series of the late 80s and the like, I tried to engage her in conversation. We discovered a mutual passion for ice-cream and she told me that she lived near Tichy, one of my favourite ice-cream parlours. When I mentioned that as a student I had a part-time job at a translation bureau round the corner from the ice-cream mekka, she piped up, "Don't tell me you worked at XXX". Me: "Yeah, do you know it?" She: "Well, I used to go out with the owner's son for a while." Me: "But!!!... oh, I see." Said son was about 11 years old when I worked there and used to drop by after school. I felt like an emissary from a former century.

Healthy office snack of the day: plums from my aunt's garden.
plummy (onemorehandbag)

5 Comments:

Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Thanks, darling, I knew I could count on you!
It's just taht finding myself on the meat-market again after more than a decade, I'm beginning to realise that THIS meat is gradually reaching it's sell-by date.Scary!

8/29/2006 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Wow, Alcessa, can I pleaseplease hire you as my life-coach? Tell me how much you charge per hour ;-)

8/29/2006 10:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

work must be boring if you post at 5 past nine! A colleague with a 19 year old girlfriend??? I dread to ask how old the colleague is.....

8/29/2006 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Alcessa: Don't worry, I'm not quite that desperate yet.
BoB: Not bored any longer, just got a super-annoying task to keep me busy. It was Coma HQ's Big Boss' driver's girfriend, btw.

8/29/2006 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

@ Alcessa: ;o))

8/29/2006 11:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist