Monday, August 26, 2024

Expectation Management

Last Saturday I saw Coldplay at the stadium in Vienna where Taylor Swift was supposed to play 3 weeks earlier when all her shows got cancelled due to an attempted, but thankfully foiled, terrorist attack. I felt for all those people (in particular those who travelled from other countries or who returned from their summer vacation abroad earlier just for the concert) who had tickets and were disappointed despite the fact that saved lives are the most important thing, obviously. It made me realise once more that ever since the Pandemic when so many events got cancelled at short notice I always have the possibility at the back of my mind that what I am looking for might not take place in the end. I still consider myself a very optimistic "glass half full" type of person and don't see this as something negative at all. It has just made me more resilient to disappointment, I would say and this, for me, is definitely something positive.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist