Monday, July 01, 2024

Mobile Working

While we were on vacation (which was really lovely, btw) my mother tripped in town and broke her radius bone. Less than ideal under any circumstances, really bad if - like her - you are the sole caretaker of a chronically ill person who needs a lot of help and your only child lives 300+ kms away. Well, these are the times when I am grateful that my job allows me to a) work partially from home and b) that I recently decided to switch to a 4-day-week with Fridays off. A real blessing in cases like this! I arrived last Thursday and picked mum up from hospital (she had an operation and has her whole right arm in a plaster for 6 weeks) on Friday. It was quite a work-intense weekend with my services ranging from domestic help, chef, cleaning staff, gardener, personal shopper to hairstylist and mani/pedi technician. I'm returning to Vienna on Tuesday evening as I have a work commitment I could not get a substitute for on Wednesday and will be back soon. Shit can happen at the blink of an eye and my resolution is to also get accident insurance asap as mum learnt from a friend that in that case you are entitled to help and much more, depending on the small print. Unfortunately my parents (otherwise insured against pretty much "everything")  didn't  have such an insurance, but at least they have a rather flexible daughter and a helpful circle of friends, some of whom are pretty fit still.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist