Monday, July 15, 2024

Role Reversal

In the past few weeks ever since Mum tripped and broke her arm I have visited my parents more often than usual and got to do tasks I wouldn't usually take any part in at their house, including some entirely new ones like assisting them (my Dad is severely chronically ill and Mum is usually the only person to help him) with taking a shower. Not only because of this "maternal role" I got the impression I was dealing with kids, stubborn and petulant in their own ways. In fact I sometimes feel like the mother of quarrelsome siblings who'd take turns telling me what the other one did wrong (again) because they themselves obviously are much smarter..wanting to earn brownie points with mum by reminding her of their own merit vs. the stupid sibling. An interesting experience, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist