Monday, March 28, 2022

Red Flags

Now that I have been with Highflyer for more than two and a half years and it's been nothing but harmonious and drama-free, I still don't consider myself a sudden expert on relationships. I am, however, convinced that my bullshit radar has been state-of-the-art for quite some time and I can never go back to not acknowledging red flags that I did always see in the past, but chose not to act upon. The equation is probably a very straightforward one: age + experience = no more bullshit. The problem is that I now ind it hard to hold back when I feel I can see someone else suffering by ignoring red flags. My patience is zero and only because I feel I deluded myself and tried to explain away someone's behaviour that made me unhappy and was not what I wanted, I don't want somebody else to make the same mistake. It's not that I cannot relate or have all of a sudden forgotten what it felt like to be disappointed or to want things that the other person obviously does not want (with you anyway). It's the exact opposite, that I can relate only too well and therefore want to shake others who seem to be stuck in similar dead-end scenarios. I am torn because I feel like a bullfighter who wants to jump around waving a huge red flag in front of the stubborn "bull" that is my deluded friend, but then again, I don't want to rub it in and make them feel even more miserable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist