Monday, January 24, 2022

Fatalism

What with the Omicron variant being apparently so highly transmissible and the number of infected people being at a record high, quite a few people have adopted a fatalist stance of "well, it's only a matter of time until we've all had it, so what". I won't say I disagree with this statement and I don't want to lock myself up at home either, but at the same time I'd rather get the virus later (ideally when it has mutated to an even milder version of itself) than sooner and therefore I'm not quite in the "whatever" camp (yet). I don't want to put other people at risk even if I should be so lucky as to have little to no symptoms myself and I just don't want the inconvenience of self-isolation and cancelled plans. Not sure I can see that promised silver lining on the horizon all that clearly yet, but I continue to watch out for it...
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist