Monday, December 20, 2021

Away from it All

 

It was always my plan to spend at least a week at the beginning of the year skiing in Tyrol. As it happened, Highflyer had last Thurs-Sun off work and so I also took Friday off and we spent a rather spontaneous long ski weekend there already before Christmas. We had 3 gorgeous ski days and it was such a welcome change both from pre-Christmas obligations (cards, meetings, wrapping up things at work) and doom-and-gloom-news. Three days away from my daily routines in Vienna made all the difference and despite the fact that the muscles in my thighs were burning on Saturday from so much exercise I wanted to squeal for joy in view of the majestic mountain scenery, perfect snow and blue skies. Once more I feel very privileged to have access to all this and I don't take it for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist