Monday, November 01, 2021

Oxygen

One thing I heard constantly from my mother when I was a child was "go and play outside in the fresh air". It was an absolute no-go in our household to watch daytime TV and like many other habits (always have a side salad with your meal, clear away dirty dishes immediately...) that are deeply ingrained from my upbringing, I still feel that a day is not complete if I have not been outside even for a short walk around the block. This is particularly true for weekends or days off and I almost feel guilty if I don't me it outside before sunset...which rarely happens anyway. I don't consider myself a sporty person and don't have the urge to push my body to its limits...ever, but I do feel the need to "air myself" on a daily basis. The weather has to be absolutely horrible or I have to be super sick that I don't venture out of the house at all. Thankfully, Highflyer is no couch potato either (unlike me, he IS sporty on top of that) and will gladly "walk me" when I've been in one video conference after another all day. 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist