Monday, November 22, 2021

Well That Escalated Quickly...

I can't believe we're back in another hard, nation-wide lockdown as of today. I am absolutely for this measure in order to prevent our health system from collapsing and yet it is infuriating as it seems like something that could have absolutely been avoided. Incompetent politicians who ignored warnings from (real) experts paired with irresponsible and gullible citizens makes for an explosive combination. Personally knowing people who got infected even though they have had 2 (or 3, even) jabs makes the seriousness of the situation more relatable as does knowing real-life believers in conspiracy-theories who are of course adamant anti-vaxers. I sometimes wish I could press some fast-forward button to spring or summer 2022 when, judging from the past few years, things will be more hopeful and maybe those in charge will have learnt from past mistakes. Until then, I will be the good and compliant citizen I have been for the past 1.5 years and occupy myself with my favourite lockdown  hobbies. It's not that we don't all have a routine by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist