Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 12: Mindfulness | Which Mountains?

Last week, I was in Tallinn. As always, when I am in Scandinavia, or the Baltics, I was fascinated by the Northern light. So magical and soft and totally different from what we are used to in Central Europe. When I pointed it out to my colleagues, one of them Estonian, one Latvian, they remarked that they didn't in fact notice. I have to say that I was not really surprised. It reminded me of an epiphany I had 20 years ago (OMG, getting old!) when a friend from Dublin visited me in my hometown and said something along the lines of "it's so cool that you can see the mountains from everywhere!" and I automatically replied "what mountains?". For me, this had always been the natural backdrop of my hometown and I was not consciously aware of them at all. Ever since then, I occasionally marvel at the cool scenery when waiting at a red light and appreciate it much more. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist