Monday, December 07, 2015

Things that Made Me Happy Last Week: Week 49

1. Finishing my Christmas baking on Friday night. I always get very excited at the beginning, but soon get tired and a little sick of the sweet smell everywhere in my flat, not mentioning the trails of crumbs, that likewise end up everywhere.
2. Visiting an old lady (89) who used to be my neighbour. She is admirably fit (more mentally, than physically), does not complain and says that her laptop (a slow Windows machine handed down to her by one of her grandsons) and internet are her greatest joys. She is writing her memoirs and loves to send e-mails and SMS to her loved ones. Her motto is "I am determined to enjoy the rest of my days and will not get annoyed or worked up by anything. I am past that." I hope I will be that content and positive if I get to live to 89.
3. That someone close to me chose to confide in me for a naughty little secret...knowing I would have done the same as her.

3 Comments:

Anonymous alcessa said...

Maybe I should finally confess I quite enjoy reading about your weekly joys :-) Any plans of continuing this pleasant enterprise next year? :-)

(made the mistake of simply quadrupling the ingredients in a cookie recipe. O boy was I baking and baking and baking ...whole Saturday afternoon and evening ... never again :-D)

12/07/2015 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

@alcessa
I am seriously glad you like my little ramblings! I almost announced in this post that one thing that makes me happy is that I won't have that many weeks to go for this "experiment". We shall see. Sometimes I feel a bit fake for compiling these things, even if they are all true as I had to struggle remembering them, feeling it was a rather shitty week. Then again, that was the point of it, not drowning in self-pity as I have a tendency to do (Drama Queen, me).
Haha, quadrupling a recipe sounds VERY ambitious indeed :-)

12/07/2015 12:16:00 PM  
Anonymous alcessa said...

Hmmm ... maybe I should adopt a DIY approach and write away next year, too ... Time and Life seem to be running through many invisible holes these days, so maybe that would slow them down a bit (I know how this sounds, but then, this is December - the month for saying (*drama ensues*): "What!?! December?!? Where have all the previous months gone?!?! What happened?" and being afraid :-)

12/08/2015 09:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist